Monday, March 4, 2013

Real life down on the farm!

It is a cold and blustery day here in our little corner of the world...our farm.  Today has been busy, so I took some pictures to show you just what a wanna be queen does during a typical Monday.

Laundry. Today I washed the sheets and blankets from our bed.

 
Crochet. If you look carefully you can see my very first project as a beginning crocheter. I hope 'crocheter' is actually a word, I'll find out when I run spell check! It is, who knew? That's my kitty, Patches. We are in an on-going battle regarding to whom this chair belongs. When I get to be queen, it will be mine!

Trash. Monday is trash day. We are fortunate in that a local trash company has a route in our area of the country. We burned our trash for years (I know there are those of you who are appalled at this revelation. It's the way we do things, so let's not argue.) and it is so nice to be able to bag it up and roll it out to the road! :-)

 
Toilets. Three to be exact. Today was their day to be cleaned! Enough said.
 
 
Taxes. Farmers have to pay their taxes by March 1. I am still trying to corral all our papers and receipts from 2012. They are like bunnies! These papers just seem to multiply, so when I get to be queen, I'll take care of this too!


Brisket and the slow cooker. I love my crock-pot...Not as much as my husband, you know how that goes. My crock-pot has a special place in my heart.


By now you can tell that my house is lived in. It is not staged. Clutter can be found in just about every room. Just like the bunnies, I no more get the clutter put away in one room and more can be found in another. While I love reading, and looking at, all the blogs about homes sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the thought I should be doing more to make my house a home...a well decorated one at that!  I know this is how many stay-at-home moms earn extra income, so I also 'get' they do it for a reason.  It is their business.  Just the same, I get distracted by all the ads on these pages, but then again I realize these blogs are very different from mine.  It is probably because I am reading all these blogs that my house doesn't look as spiffy as theirs...naaahhhh. :-)

You won't see any ads on my blog. I won't be blogging about a product because it was sent to me. If I write about a product, it is not because I am being reimbursed for my time; it is because I like it and use it on a regular basis. I am beginning to sound like a farmer who is very near and dear to me; lovingly referred to as my favorite husband.  I wasn't raised on the farm, but it along with the no nonsense way of thinking has grown on me over the past 33 years. 

Happy Monday!  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment