Friday, March 15, 2013

My love/hate relationship with my hot rollers

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you have had a wonderful week.  It has been busy around here.  I finished up a few crafty projects but the highlight of the week was having my closest friends at my home for a girl's night out.  More about that another time.  Today's post is about my hot rollers. 

I asked for a new set of hot rollers for Christmas this year, as I was still using my set of Clairol hot rollers from high school.  While they still functioned, I was a bit concerned about their age; I don't know how safe it is to continue to use an electrical appliance that is thir#$%* some years really, really old!  They had a detachable cord and a storage pocket for it and the pins.  Great set up, granted the hinge on the plastic lid was broken, but the lid stayed on and all was well.

Now I am the owner of a brand new set of Revlon hot rollers with an attached cord that is supposed to self store on the bottom of the unit and an itty bitty place to put 20 some pins.  (See the oval area at the front?  SERIOUSLY?)  Therein lies my problem.  I got exactly what I wanted, but times change and so do designs.  A coupl of months ago, I found a pin on Pinterest where the pinner used Command Velcro strips to corral the cords on her appliances.  I thought it was an excellent idea, and still do, but I couldn't get them to work on my appliances.  I wanted someway to keep the cord to my hot rollers, food processor, etc. under control but I couldn't get the Velcro strips to work. 

One day I was wandering, lost so it seemed, in one of the hardware isles in WalMart when I saw Command Round Cord Clips.  They are intended to be used to keep your electrical cords from the TV or computer attached to the wall so they are all neat and tidy.  Ta da!  I picked up the two sizes they had on the display and, after paying for them, headed home to try them out. 

They work VERY well.  I had to tweak them just a bit because the clear strips that came with them, I assume so they won't clash with our walls/furniture, didn't have enough oomph.  So I used the regular white ones that come with other styles and they work.  I am so relieved!!  Who knew I was so OCD about cords!??

On a side note, I figured out a cool way to store my pins.  Since the lid was not attached and there wasn't enough room in the compartment, I took a creamer bottle I had gotten from Crate and Barrel (ages ago) and added some coffee beans to the bottom.  In went the pins and they are under control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment